Hartford has many fine historical resources available for researchers and people with an interest in history. Included below are several of them (in pdf format) which may be viewed online or saved and printed. For faster viewing, right click on the links below to save file to your computer.
Our newsletters contain a wealth of historical information about people, places and events. Visit the archive.
Print Resources (PDF format)
- Beer’s 1869 Hartford Map
- Child’s 1883-84 Windsor County Gazetteer (Hartford Section)
- Gateway of Vermont – Hartford and its Villages
- Index to Gateway of Vermont – Hartford and its Villages
- History of the North Hartford Church
- Tucker’s History of Hartford
- St. Croix’s Historical Highlights of Hartford (large file – give time to load)
- St. Croix’s Historical Highlights of Hartford – smaller individual pages